Simple switches to make your life a bit greener — all under $30.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Collapsible silicone straws that fold up and fit into a small carrying case, so can clip them to your bag and then have a straw at the ready when you pick up your iced coffee.
2. A reusable silicone bag with so many uses, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. Need to steam vegetables? Check! Freeze fruit for smoothies? Double check! Pack a lunch? Triple check!
3. A Blueland multi-surface starter set that comes with a reusable cleaning bottle and three tablets. Just fill the bottle with water, add the tablet, and you’ll be able to clean all the counters, tile, stone, and wood in your home.
5. A reusable bag that folds up small to fit in a purse or bag so you can easily pull it out and use it instead of taking a plastic bag from the store.
6. A Wunderbar stain stick made with coconut-based soap to remove any oil, makeup, food, soil or other stains in an eco-friendly way. Just wet the stained area, rub the bar over it, and wash it. Voilà!
7. A pack of beeswax food wraps that’ll replace your need for plastic wrap altogether. All you have to do is use the warmth of your hands to mold the wrap over a bowl, container, or food item, and as it cools, it will create a seal to protect it.
8. A bamboo toothbrush you’ll be b-rushing to use all the time because your teeth will feel so clean, and you’ll never need another plastic toothbrush again.
10. A dish-washing block that’s zero waste but still works as tough as other dish soap to get all the grease and grime off your dishes.
11. A seven-piece portable flatware set you can roll up and take with you and then tell every take-out restaurant you won’t be needing their plastic silverware.
12. A set of silicone stretch lid covers that fit over bowls, cups, glassware, jars, and even fruits and vegetables to keep freshness in and plastic wrap out.
13. Cloth napkins you can totally use every day, because they’re not just for special occasions. Or, if you think about it, using cloth napkins just makes every day a special occasion.
14. A rechargeable lighter that will be the last lighter you ever have to buy, because after it stops working, you just charge it, and it’s good to go again.
15. Reusable food savers designed to fit over halves of fruit and veggies and cans and cups so you can keep the food you don’t use fresher for longer instead of just throwing it away.
16. Some bamboo towels that’ll replace six month’s worth of paper towels, so you can keep your home clean, feel good about the impact you have on the environment, *and* never have to worry about using tissues to clean up a spill because you forgot to pick up another roll…again.
18. A set of snack and sandwich bags that look so good, everyone will be asking where you got them from so they can get their own. You’ll turn into the trendsetter you’ve always wanted to be. 😎
19. An all-natural multi-surface cleaning powder you simply sprinkle all over your hard-to-clean surfaces (i.e. bathtub, oven, tile, etc.) and use a sponge to scrub away all the grossness.
20. A menstrual cup that will be the only product you’ll use during your period every month. Say goodbye to monthly trips to the drug store to pick up tampons and pads!
21. A set of collapsible containers you can use for leftovers both at home or at a restaurant so you can say no to styrofoam.
22. Or a set of glass storage containers you’ll feel so much better about microwaving food in. Plus, these may save you from the avalanche that is your Tupperware cabinet.
23. A pack of compostable poop bags because your furry friend can also do their part to help the environment!
24. A popcorn popper you can just fill with kernels, ~pop~ in the microwave, and end up with delicious popcorn in minutes.
25. A reusable face pads set with a bag you’ll ~bee~ really happy to use to remove your makeup every night and then throw the dirty pad into the bag. At the end of the week, just throw the bag into the wash, and they’ll be ready to go for the next week.
26. A biodegradable bento box with four compartments to fit different kinds of food so you can pack a complete lunch *and* feel good about saving money at the same time.
27. A LastSwab that might seem a little steep for a single q-tip but it’s the only one you’ll ever have to buy again, as you can wash and reuse it whenever you like.
28. A compostable bin with a rotating handle so you can put all your food scraps in it and then just pick it up and carry it to the outdoor composter without dealing with whatever smell situation is inside.
29. A French press designed to make you feel so fancy and down-right Parisian as you make coffee sans paper filter.
30. A biodegradable sponge that works just as hard as the sponge you currently use to give your dishes the deep clean they deserve.
31. A pack of dryer balls, because you’ve been frustrated with your lackluster dryer that really doesn’t actually dry your clothes for too long. Stop yelling “You have ONE job” at it and add these to your loads to dry everything in half of the time and never use dryer sheets again.
32. A set of cotton produce bags to take to the grocery store so you can keep your produce fresh and stop using all those plastic bags.
33. A double edge razor made out of bamboo that not only looks better in your bathroom than a disposable plastic one, but actually does a better job of giving you a closer, smoother shave.
When someone says they don’t recycle:
What’s your favorite product?
Find great products and the best-money saving deals around, delivered right to your inbox.