There are some teen drama moments that never fail to make us swoon.
There are other moments, however, that are supposed to be romantic but end up falling flat for one reason or another. Maybe it doesn’t work because there’s no chemistry between the characters, the circumstances aren’t right, or something just feels off.
Here are 19 teen drama moments that were supposed to be romantic but actually kind of flopped:
1. First, when Blair and Nate kissed in the snow and they got back together on Gossip Girl:
2. When Veronica and Archie hooked up in the shower right after his dad was shot on Riverdale:
3. When Peyton and Lucas literally made out in the middle of class on One Tree Hill:
4. When Miles ditched prom to go be with Tristan at the hospital even though they had already broken up on Degrassi: Next Class:
5. When Landon told Hope he loved her even when he couldn’t remember her, even though he was literally just dating her friend Josie on Legacies:
6. When Dean built Rory a car for their three-month anniversary on Gilmore Girls:
7. When Winston imagined dancing with Monty’s ghost at prom and it was honestly just kind of creepy, on 13 Reasons Why:
8. When Joey and Dawson rested their heads on each other’s shoulder on Dawson’s Creek:
9. When Bonnie told Jeremy she didn’t see him as a kid anymore on The Vampire Diaries:
10. When Aria unzipped her jacket to surreptitiously ask Ezra on a date in the middle of a makeup test on Pretty Little Liars:
11. When Ryan brought a passed-out-drunk Marissa to his pool house to sleep on The O.C.:
12. When Serena told Dan she loved him at Blair’s wedding on Gossip Girl:
13. When Elena fed Stefan her blood on The Vampire Diaries:
14. When Lucas called Peyton from the airport and asked her to marry him in Vegas on One Tree Hill:
15. When Zig gave Maya a bracelet and said that maybe it was time she gave him a chance while her boyfriend Miles awkwardly watched in the background on Degrassi: The Next Generation:
16. When Omar decided not to go to New York at the last minute and ran to tell Ander that he still loved him on Elite:
17. When Angel gave Buffy a claddagh ring on Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
18. When Winston told Alex he wasn’t going to turn him in for Bryce’s murder because, while he loved Monty, he loved Alex, too…even though Winston had only been involved with either boy for like five minutes, on 13 Reasons Why:
19. And finally, when everyone shared these super-dramatic, slow-motion kisses on the beach on Degrassi: The Next Generation:
Got any teen drama moments that didn’t make this list? Tell us in the comments!
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.