It’s time we talked about it.
1. Ice-T’s makeup in Tank Girl is one of the most unsettling images I’ve ever seen.
2. For White Chicks, Shawn and Marlon Wayans tried to transform into white women — yet their makeup left them barely looking human.
3. Bombshell begged the question, yet again, is it really a Nicole Kidman movie if she’s not in a bad wig?
4. One day, Tyler Perry will have to answer for his crimes, which include Mehcad Brooks’s wig in A Fall from Grace.
5. Jennifer Lawrence’s wig in the X-Men movies looked like it could’ve fallen off if she just turned her head too fast.
6. Maybe Constance Wu would’ve gotten away with this wig in Hustlers if it weren’t for those heinous bangs.
7. Warning: The image below contains Channing Tatum’s unsightly makeup in Jupiter Ascending.
8. Angelina Jolie and this wig from Salt go together as well as oil and water.
9. I’m not sure how anyone can look at Helena Bonham Carter’s hair and makeup in Planet of the Apes and not burst out into laughter.
10. If you stare at this picture from Looper, you might be able to find Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s face somewhere in there.
11. Emma Stone’s wig in The Help was almost as problematic as the film.
12. Thank GOD they figured out what to do with Chris Hemsworth’s eyebrows after the first Thor movie.
13. I feel sorry for Kate Mara because someone thought putting this wig on her in Fantastic Four was acceptable.
14. John Travolta’s face in Hairspray still gives me the heebie-jeebies.
15. Jackie Earle Haley’s Freddy Kruger makeup in the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street was, well, pretty lousy.
16. Guy Pearce as a 104-year-old man in Prometheus looks more like a 104-year-old alien.
17. I’m glad Tyler Perry retired Madea movies so we won’t have to witness him in this smothering makeup again.
18. And finally, Robin Tunney’s wig in The Craft is just…no.
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.