Teen dramas are allll about the romance. You know the drill. Slow music with lyrics about love…the characters lean in…
But sometimes…the romantic moments fall short. Even worse, sometimes they might SEEM romantic, but are actually super messed up. Below are some of the worst teen drama moments that you might’ve once seen as romantic but are actually really problematic.
1. When Veronica and Duncan slept together while they were both drugged and Duncan thought she was his half sister on Veronica Mars.
2. When Seth named his boat after Summer, even though he’d never spoken to her before on The O.C.
3. When Tristan called Miles a man whore for being with girls in the past, and then Miles had to apologize to him and they exchanged “I love you”s and slept together on Degrassi: Next Class.
4. When Polo watched Carla and Christian have sex without Christian’s consent on Elite.
5. When Ezra talked about how much he was going to miss his class (while clearly focusing on Aria) on Pretty Little Liars.
6. When Malia and Stiles slept together at Eichen house, even though Malia had the emotional intelligence of a 9-year-old on Teen Wolf.
7. When Jackson was dying and Lydia said she still loved him on Teen Wolf.
8. When Xander tried to use a love potion to get Cordelia to fall for him so he could break up with her and she thought it was romantic on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
9. When Emily forgave Paige for kissing her when she was drunk and then not telling her about it on Pretty Little Liars.
10. When Serena said Dan wrote Gossip Girl as a “love letter” to her on Gossip Girl.
11. When Angel saw Buffy through the window and decided to help her and it was suggested it was because he had a crush on her, even though she was like 15 on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
12. When Klaus tried to kill Caroline, then saved her and it was framed as romantic on The Vampire Diaries.
13. When Lucas kissed Peyton AT SCHOOL and said he liked her more than Brooke (HIS GIRLFRIEND AND HER BEST FRIEND) on One Tree Hill.
14. When Blair and Chuck slept together even though she had just escaped being kidnapped on Gossip Girl.
15. When Maya didn’t want to have sex with Zig and she had to literally push him off to get him to stop on Degrassi: Next Class.
16. When Monty and Winston hooked up and it was framed as romantic even though Monty literally beat him up at a party on 13 Reasons Why.
17. When Rory and Dean slept together while he was married on Gilmore Girls.
18. When Damon and Elena finally admitted their relationship was toxic and then slept together on The Vampire Diaries.
19. And finally, when Stiles had a panic attack and Lydia kissed him to calm him down on Teen Wolf.
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.