Amy Poehler and Tina Fey used to be in an improv group called Inside Vladimir.
1. Megan Fox got a tattoo of Marilyn Monroe after filming the first Transformers movie because she loved the idea of Monroe’s crafted persona.
3. When Zoë Kravitz went grocery shopping with her mom — the iconic Lisa Bonet — as a kid, Lisa would embarrass her by scream-singing “The Sound of Music” in an opera voice.
4. Whoopi Goldberg — born Caryn Johnson — uses “Whoopi” as her stage name because she’s a pretty gassy person.
5. In 2012, Awkwafina was fired from her publicity job for creating a viral rap song called “My Vag.”
6. Sarah Paulson has a huge fear of flying. Whenever she travels by plane, she has to talk to the pilot before taking off.
7. Before she made it big as an actor, Courteney Cox joined Bruce Springsteen on stage in his “Dancing in the Dark” music video in 1984.
8. In their early twenties, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey were in an improv group called Inside Vladimir, which was named after a porn movie they saw in their local convenience store.
10. Maya Rudolph’s mother is the late soul/pop singer Minnie Riperton. “Lovin’ You,” Riperton’s most popular song from 1975, was actually written as a lullaby for baby Maya.
12. Katharine Hepburn used to break into houses as a teenager and even stole a thing or two, like a crocodile nutcracker.
13. Way before she won an Oscar, Jennifer Hudson used to work at Burger King and sing to customers through the drive-thru microphone.
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!