It’s been a real schitt-y year.
2020 has been a mess, but let’s give some credit to its breakout star: Schitt’s Creek.
There are so many great moments and lines in the show that somehow manage to be relatable even though the Roses are a completely absurd family. As 2020 is nearing its dramatic conclusion, I decided to pick out some Schitt’s Creek quotes/GIFs that have truly defined this roller coaster of a year.
1. When we were first put on lockdown:
2. The early days of quarantine, when we still thought it’d be over any day now:
3. When we tried to pretend that we were perfectly happy staying at home by ourselves:
4. And then gave up by 10 a.m. that day:
5. When people weren’t wearing masks and we had to remind them that taking COVID precautions is not optional:
6. When we all started getting obsessed with making our own bread and other meals with zero cooking experience:
7. When our parents started nagging us about what productive things we’re getting done now that we’re stuck at home:
8. When people started asking why they weren’t invited over anymore:
9. When introverts realized we now had an excuse not to hang out with people:
10. But then a week later, we were sick of ourselves and started signing up for online dating apps:
11. When all the days started to blend together:
12. When we realized this pandemic wasn’t ending anytime this year:
13. And that we were going to have to start putting off events planned for the year:
14. When we started celebrating the little victories, like finishing a puzzle or remembering to brush our teeth:
15. When time ceased to exist and “it’s five o’clock somewhere” became our new motto:
16. When we made eye contact with someone at the grocery store and tried to silently communicate well wishes through our eyes:
17. When you finally deemed it safe to hang out with a friend after months alone:
18. When we were told, for the millionth time, that a vaccine was “weeks away”:
19. When outdoor dining began to open up and some of us (me, I’m talking about me) put on real clothes for the first time in months:
20. As we reached six months of quarantine and continued to receive bad news:
21. When our older relatives started posting conspiracy theories about the election on social media:
22. And when the president himself continued to fuel them:
23. …Including during the debates:
24. When it became clear there would not be any results on Election Day:
25. And when we finally got the results:
26. And finally, just our mood generally for this entire year:
Here’s hoping for a better 2021!
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.