A sheet set that indicates which corner of the bed the sheet actually belongs on? File that under things I wish I thought of first.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A cable management box to hide unsightly wires that cause heartache by just looking at them. The tangles! The never-ending tangles! They’re more than I can personally handle.
2. Nontoxic leather conditioner with the power to ~rejuvenate~ everything from your favorite pair of boots to the very, very old couch you thrifted (you didn’t realize how expensive furniture was until you submitted your security deposit and started scrolling through West Elm. Yikes!)
3. Peel and stick backsplash adhesives for an easy, inexpensive way to make your studio look about 70x more chic. If your Pinterest aesthetic has always screamed “subway tile” but your budget does not, then consider these mold- and humidity-resistant options for your next bathroom remodel.
4. LED Under-cabinet lights to make any teeny kitchen feel more spacious, more inviting, and less like a dungeon made worse by bad fluorescence. You can even keep these on overnight to reduce the chance of ghost encounters on your way to grab a glass of water.
5. A dual-part dish rack ideal for anyone with a ton of dishes, but limited counter space. This baby is extendable and folds in half when not in use. Simply ~expand~ it to its biggest setting when you have to set 97 dishes, 32 spoons, and 10,008 coffee mugs to dry.
6. LED curtain string lights for folks who prefer dim ~mood~ lighting while spending their Friday night bingeing more true crime shows.
7. A shower curtain liner with mesh pockets for anyone done with cluttering the corners of their (very tiny) bathtub via an excess of shampoo bottles. You like one for volume and you like the other for strength; I get it. This makes it easy to store a ton of stuff without making your tub feel cluttered.
8. An ingenious shag rug for anyone who dreams of having a swanky floor piece but is terrified of, oh, spilling red wine and then ruining it for good. Understandable! This is where genius technology comes in: Detach the rug from the included anti-slip pad, throw it in the washer and dryer when it gets dirty. Good as new. No need for a professional cleaning.
9. A hard water stain-remover so that your faucets and glass doors can finally look squeaky clean. So long, days of staring at my gross shower head that still looks awful despite hours (upon hours) of scrubbing.
10. A gold finish bar cart to proudly display your extensive collection of $10 red wines. This makes for the perfect ~mixologist~ station plus provides ample storage for all of your barware. Here’s looking at you, stainless-steel shaker that someone gifted me three years ago.
11. Vacuum storage bags for all the winter outerwear that takes up about 95% of your already minimal closet space. These easily compress chunky sweaters and thick duvets to a fraction of their normal size, plus an anti-microbial material keeps funky-smelling mold and mildew away.
12. A wallflower plug-in fragrance that will envelop your entire apartment with truly delicious scents. If my living room doesn’t radiate sugared snickerdoodle and my bathroom isn’t doused in white eucalyptus and sage, repeat after me: I don’t want it.
13. An attachable aerator to make your less-than-$10 wine taste like it was sourced from Napa and aged for 10 centuries. “I’m getting some dry notes of expensive,” you’ll say.
14. A plush throw blanket so cozy, bingeing The Office in its entirety this weekend — yet again! — will feel completely justified. Reviewers cannot stop raving about how gosh darn soft this blanket is.
15. An iridescent bottle opener to finally replace the one you’ve had since freshmen year. That one doesn’t work. It cost 99 cents. The below option is affordable, effective, and aesthetically pleasing to boot.
16. A Kona French press so you can quickly, quietly make your daily brew sans disposable filters. This beautiful bebé is designed with solid borosilicate glass and a unique shell to protect the glass pitcher, plus it’s dishwasher-safe.
17. A shower caddy with an adhesive backing strong enough to withstand all of your conditioners (of which you inexplicably have, like, a million). Just peel, stick on your shower wall, wait twelve hours, and you’re good to go.
18. A wood polish lauded by one reviewer as the ~best money they’ve ever spent~. Trying your hand at furniture restoration has never been so easy: a few drops of this formula is powerful enough to cover even the most unsightly scratches.
19. A bedside caddy that means you’ll finally be able to keep tabs on your remote. This convenient storage solution ensures that your nighttime essentials are tucked away into one neat little spot, plus is *the* perfect item for anyone who’s bedroom is simply too small to accommodate a nightstand.
20. Velvet hangers that will save a RIDICULOUS amount of space in your closet. These nonslip babies are super thin, but remain sturdy enough to hold the (many) pieces of clothing you own.
21. A sheet set made from a more breathable eucalyptus lyocell material; it also uses 96% less water and comes responsibly packaged in a recyclable cardboard box with zero waste. Not to mention there are !!! tags !!! that say which corner of the bed each side of the sheet belongs on. Oh all the time I would have saved…
22. A stainless-steel cleaner that will rid your large appliances (I’m looking at you, refrigerator) of all unsightly fingerprints and smudges. This blend of plant-based ingredients will even prevent future smudges from forming and (HALLELUJAH) doesn’t leave any streaks behind.
23. A stain and odor cleaner for when your good boy goes through the whole “rebellious teenager” phase and decides to ruin your newly-purchased Ikea rug. This enzyme-based formula can be used on carpet, leather, hardwood, and upholstery — just a sampling of all the places your pet will probably have an accident on.
24. A ceramic sloth planter that provides a fantastic segue for becoming a plant parent. The truly wonderful thing about this particular model is that if — heaven forbid — you realize your green thumb does not exist, this can be used for a multitude of other things. Makeup brush storage, anyone?
25. A squeegee broom to quickly sweep up the water spills, potato chip crumbs, and stray strands that have quickly taken over your tiny apartment. An extendable handle and 100% natural rubber also make this an absolute beast for scooping up pet hair.
26. Ceiling fan chain pulls that’ll more clearly indicate which one is meant to activate the light *or* the fan. It’s time to put an end to that annoying guessing game once and for all.
27. A Mrs. Meyer’s surface scrub to replace grime, grease, and other grossness with the fresh scent of lemon verbena. This cruelty-free concoction takes old tile, stainless steel, porcelain, and cookware and makes it ~shine~ as if it were purchased yesterday.
28. A Novogratz television stand that makes the most of its compact size. This is cleverly designed with two storage compartments that can easily store cable boxes and gaming systems, plus there are wire managements holes in the back to keep everything neat and organized.
29. A six-hook hanger to store your excessive (no offense) amount of handbags. This is also ideal for storing belts, ties, hats, scarves, and tank tops, aka the smaller things that tend to get shoved into the corners of your closet.
30. A mop and bucket set with reusable microfiber pads that scrub away stubborn stains in no time. This deep cleans stone, tile, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, bamboo, cement, baseboards, and drywall with little effort required on your end, plus a 280-degree swivel head means you can reach *all* those pesky nooks and crannies.
31. A Lodge pre-seasoned cast-iron skillet with the uncanny ability to sauté, sear, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill any meal to perfection. Want a solid kitchen investment? Look no further than this beauty, which is perfect for almost every meal you’ll want to whip up — we’re talking breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
32. A Takeya cold brew maker so you can drink your favorite caffeinated beverage whenever you please without the $5+ charge (NYC coffee = so damn expensive). This is cleverly designed with an airtight lid and stainless-steel filter to keep coffee fresh for up to two weeks.
33. A cool-to-the-touch comforter that deserves a standing ovation from hot sleepers. Temp-regulating technology and a 100% eucalyptus shell means you *won’t* wake up drenched in sweat, plus you can wave those 3 a.m. “If I have one leg outside of the comforter….” thoughts goodbye. No more overheating.
34. A sink protector with a nonslip bottom and adjustable two-piece design you can custom tailor to fit almost any sink. The gridded layout allows for water to drain, *but* prevents food from falling down and causing any clogs.
35. A draft-blocker to keep all that precious, cold air from escaping your bedroom. Not only will this save $$ because you won’t have to blast the AC on its strongest setting, but it’s also fantastic for blocking outside noises (loud roommates + quarantine = not great, not fun).
36. A down alt pad for a more affordable solution to completely replacing your mattress. This provides a touch more support (side sleepers really love it!) but it’s still super cushy, plus it protects your mattress from red wine spills and the like.
37. A curved window rod to keep sunlight at bay through blackout curtains. “I binged another show until the wee hours of the morning, and I don’t need you waking me before my alarm goes off” —me, talking to the natural light that so rudely seeps in through the thin corners my curtains don’t cover.
38. A vacuum sealer here to prevent food waste *and* help them save money in the long run. This is fab if they prefer buying in bulk (cc: the friend with a Costco membership) because it prolongs freshness, plus takes up less room in your fridge as opposed to bulky boxes.
Black Friday Is Almost Here!
Don’t miss out on the best deals of the year, delivered right to your inbox!