Let’s talk about what the world looked like 10 years ago…
1. 10 years ago, the Instagram logo looked like this:
2. Everyone’s pictures were ridiculously filtered beyond recognition because we all thought we were *artísts*.
3. And people just posted the most random shit; like, Harry Styles’ first Instagram post was just some deer:
4. Every picture looked like it was taken with a potato…
5. …and no one really cared about what they posted on their grid, no matter how unflattering or random it was.
6. In 2012, Gossip Girl was still on TV.
7. Big Ang graced our TVs.
9. And Angelina Jolie did the whole leg thing.
10. Which, like, is honestly my favorite thing she’s ever done.
11. In 2012, Betty White was still alive.
12. She was doing photoshoots with boa constrictors and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
14. 2012 was the year she walked around Coachella with “Thug Life” written on her midriff in permanent marker rolling a blunt.
15. I’m pretty sure this is the same year she also rolled said blunt on her security guard’s head.
16. In 2012, One Direction was invading the US.
17. That means 1D mania was in full effect…
18. …and seeing tweens having full-on meltdowns was a daily occurrence.
19. In 2012, Miley Cyrus was engaged to Liam Hemsworth.
20. Justin Bieber was still with Selena Gomez.
21. And Taylor Swift and Harry Styles went for that *totally not staged* fall walk.
22. 10 years ago, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” was the biggest song in the world.
24. Taylor Swift was in her Red era.
25. And the first Hunger Games movie just came out.
26. 10 years ago, we were all obsessed with the Fierce 5.
27. McKayla Maroney made *the face.*
28. And then, took this picture with President Obama.
30. In 2012, Madonna performed at the Super Bowl.
31. Adele won a bajillion Grammys.
32. Middle-aged women were obsessed with Fifty Shades.
33. And people still wore flower crowns to Coachella.
34. In 2012, the edgiest thing was the “hipster” aesthetic; like, people LOVED calling things “hipster.”
35. Ariana Grande’s bedroom looked like this:
36. Miley Cyrus cutting her hair was *controversial* and a “cultural shift.”
37. And we landed a rover on Mars.
39. In 2012, Honey Boo Boo was the biggest reality star…
40. …and “go go juice” was a daily topic of conversation.
41. In 2012, the Spice Girls reunited.
42. Ed Sheeran posed with cereal boxes so he could get it for free.
43. Meghan Markle posed with Dodgers merch so she could get it for free.
44. And Anna Kendrick posed with bags of popcorn for free movie tickets.
47. In 2012, everyone did the whole “Gangnam Style” thing.
48. People still used iPod Nanos.
49. The iPhone had a headphone jack.
50. Clint Eastwood talked to a chair.
51. The Kardashians looked like this:
54. And last but not least, 10 years ago, Donald Trump was just some guy on Twitter speculating about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Like, the guy was obsessed.
Share This Article
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!